QUIZ: How “Dentally” Aware Are You?
Test your oral health smarts with this fun little questionnaire!
Think you know all there is to know about oral health? Now’s the perfect opportunity to find out.
And if you don’t do so well, don’t worry… our Guelph dentist doesn’t need to know ;). The good thing is, you’ll have learned something new along the way!
Answer each question first, then check the answers below (no cheating!):
1. When brushing the teeth, this is what dentists recommend:
- Use a hard bristled toothbrush twice a day for two full minutes
- Use an electric toothbrush three times a day for one full minute
- Use an electric toothbrush and brush after every meal for one full minute
- Use an electric toothbrush or one with soft bristles twice daily for two full minutes
2. The following is the direct cause of tooth decay (cavities):
- Not brushing and flossing
- Eating excess sugar
- Mouth bacteria as a result of sugar consumption
- A poor diet
3. The following describes the “dentin” layer of our teeth:
- The yellow-ish layer beneath the surface layer
- The centre layer of the tooth
- The hard, white outer layer of the tooth
- Another word for the “pulp”
4. What’s considered the most common sign of gingivitis?
- Tooth pain around the gum on one tooth
- Sharp tooth pain that extends to the root
- Gums that bleed when flossing or brushing
- Gums that are pink in colour and not red
5. This best describes what flossing daily helps to prevent:
- Gingivitis and interproximal tooth decay
- Gum disease and wearing of the tooth enamel
- Bad breath and cavities
- Red Gum Syndrome
6. Fluoride toothpaste is recommended by dentists because:
- It contains minerals that help to kill sugar
- It provides the most minty-fresh feel
- It contains a mineral that the teeth are already composed of, so it builds up the teeth over time
- It help to protect against tooth demineralization
How’d you do? We’d love to know! Hopefully you’ve learned something new today… or maybe you got a perfect score. Either way, we think there’s always something new to be learned about oral health… and we’ll always be here to answer any questions if you have any.
Dr. Coman Dentistry
85 Norfolk Street, Suite 308
Guelph, ON N1H 4J4